We are a network of families, students, teachers, administrators, businesses and community leaders working together toward one mission and that is to be a powerful voice for ALL CHILDREN, to be a relevant resource for families & communities, and to be a strong advocate for the education & well-being of EVERY CHILD!
Here is the list of some fantastic PTSA funded school projects that have benefitted students and teacher of Palm Harbor Middle School
The PHMS PTSA Has Awarded Grants That Have Paid For:
- Electronic Balance Digital Scales for the Science Department
- Video Equipment, Microphones and Green Screens for the morning News
- Enabled Additional Teacher Trainings
- Projectors “ELMOS” For Classrooms and Smart Response Clickers
- Purchased and donated Costumes for the Drama Club
- Spirit Wear for Teachers and Student that were a part of the school Spelling Bee
- STEM Delta Dart Kits for the Science Class
- Spanish Classroom teaching tools: “Spanish Jeopardy” & Easy Reading Spanish Novels
- History Alive: World History Workbooks
- Provided DJ, water & snacks for the 8th grade end of the year party
- School Greenhouse for the Health & Science Classrooms and purchased solar ovens
What Else Does The PHMS PTSA Do?
- Provide Educational Guest Speakers at all Open Houses and Parent Workshops School Dances
- Host 2 Main School Dances: Halloween Dance & 8th Grade Winter Dance
- Encourage Family events such as “Movie in the Courtyard” and the annual Fall Festival
- Sponsored the reception for the Teachers “Welcome Back to school” Breakfast, the “Elisa Nelson Media Center Dedication,” the “National Crossing Guard” Appreciation, the “Great American Teach In” lunch and the annual “Volunteer Appreciation” Luncheon.
- Provide Food and gifts to our Teachers and Staff throughout the year in various monthly Teacher Spotlights and during “Teacher Appreciation Week” in May