What’s in it for you if you join?
People like to join organizations that make a difference in the lives of others, are educational and beneficial to the community, allow them to network with successful people, and provide opportunities to have fun.
Membership is your first step! By becoming a member for a mere 2 cents a day, you can have a vote and help improve your child’s and/or others school experiences. Membership does not require volunteer hours; however, we would certainly appreciate any time that you may offer. The choice is yours. Just by joining, you are showing your support of our efforts and for us and our students that means a lot! We will keep you informed of our activities and welcome your input!
Did you know that when you become a member and attend our meetings (attending meetings is NOT required), you have the power to vote in the selection of programs and activities within PHMS? That’s right; you have a voice, not only for your child but all children. Your support of the Mission of PTSA is part of a network of local, state, and national advocates for all children.
If that’s not reason enough, as a registered member, you receive/have access to the following:
- Special Discounts from
- Special Discounts and offers from local businesses included in every PHMS PTSA membership kit:
- Staples-Save 10% off school supplies and furniture; 25% off copy and print purchases; get 5% rewards on all other purchases and FREE shipping.
- Receive a 2-week scholarship at Mathnasium of Palm Harbor.
- FREE appetizer w/ meal purchase Glory Days
- FREE appetizer w/ meal purchase Carrabba’s
- Huge discount to Legoland
- FREE game pack and member discount at Shortstops
- Pocket sunblock
- Chick-fil-A discount card (first 200 members)
- BOGO at Chipotle
- BOGO at Frozen Yogurt Factory
- National businesses: (see www.PTA.org/benefits for details)
- Parenting tips and resources
- PTA Takes Action Network (Info about federal legislation affecting families, schools, and communities)
- Leadership training that can carry over to your personal and professional life
- Our Children Magazine, The PTA Parent Magazine
- Develop long lasting friendships
- Get to know the staff and other children at PHMS
- Share your talents on projects of interest to you
- Vote on programs, events, and planned activities
- Take a leadership role
- Share your culture with others
- Meet people in your community
- Share your knowledge